ICON was weird this year. Enjoyable, but weird. This convention has been in the same location for almost thirty years and this weekend marked the first time in its history that it was somewhere else. Actually, it was in three different places, and all at least five miles apart from each other.
I'm sad that I had to miss out on my panel with Greg Pak. I dearly wanted to fanboy at him and rub my hands through his beard.
My thanks to those of you who made this weekend enjoyable:
- First of all, you wonderful readers who came to see me at my meager panels and dealer's table. You folks always make me feel like a million bucks and I cannot thank you enough for making me smile.
- Thanks to Chelsey who manned, or should I say "womanned" my table while I was driving back and forth from my panels up and down the Long Island Expressway.
- Thanks to Alex for loaning me Chelsey and sandwiches.
- Thanks to Bernie for being a cool table-mate.
- Thanks to my best friend Dave for giving me a roof and transportation for the weekend. You really saved my butt, pal. Also, I decided not to link to that video of you butchering "Uptown Girl" at your office party. The world has enough awkward white guys trying to sing.
That's all from me for now.