I admit this is a ridiculous strip. As I was drawing it I kept saying to myself, "This is so freaking silly." But that's the beauty of the Wild Edge for me. It's a land so infused with chaos that literally any idea is possible, no matter how ridiculous or silly.
I guess that wasn't rain after all, though.
Originally Bort's big, bulbous eye was never meant to be expressive at all, but when you've got a character that never talks the eyes become very important. So necessity drove me to change his eye today. The joke never would've worked if it'd remained fixed and emotionless.
I picked up a few comic books yesterday. Here's my quick thoughts on them.
- I am absolutely done with Justice Society of America. I haven't really enjoyed either team of the JSA since the new writing team took over so I'm just going to save my money from now on.
- When did the Red Lantern Corps in Green Lantern get so bloody interesting? No pun intended. Dex-Starr's origin totally tugged on my heartstrings.
- I'm curious to see where Action Comics is going now that it's spotlighting Lex Luthor. This month was a good start.
- Every single issue of Atomic Robo cracks me up. This month's offering is no different. I love Undead Edison.
- I think I'm the only one on the internet who doesn't think that Wonder Woman's new outfit is all that bad.
- Deadpool's shriveled, puny soul is adorable.
That's all from me for now.